Join an established machine shop and work in a climate-controlled environment.
Northfield Industries is a fast-growing industry-leading precision machining business in the Schaumburg area. Our mission is to provide our customers with the finest quality parts at a competitive price, with dependable, on-time delivery. Our company-wide goal is customer satisfaction, process management, continuous improvement, and employee involvement to ensure success for our customers and the company. We are looking for a responsible individual to maintain CNC operations on our first shift. The right candidate will effectively work autonomously and have the ability to set up, run, and inspect parts throughout the shift while being able to troubleshoot common manufacturing issues. Primarily will be working with turning CNCs.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Lifts raw materials either manually or using a lifting device to position & secure material on machine table or in a fixture.
- Uses precision measuring instruments to check finished workpiece dimensions and ensures conformance to specifications.
- Fill out inspection sheets as instructed.
- Monitor and change tooling as needed.
- Make offsets on the machine to keep parts conforming.
- Maintains cleanliness and functionality of machines, tools, parts, and work areas.
- Add oil and cutting fluid as needed.
- Corrects safety hazards when recognized and able; reports to supervisor if unable to correct.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with CNC machinery
- Read and understand mechanical instruments I.E, calipers, and micrometers.
- Understanding of how the machine axis function
- Familiar with shop terms. tenths, thousands, etc…..
- Familiar with tooling; endmills, taps, and indexable turning tools.
- Able to load and unload parts up to 50 pounds in and out of machines.
- Work safely in a fast-paced environment
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Good communication abilities