Join an established machine shop and work in a climate-controlled environment.
Northfield Industries is a fast-growing industry-leading precision machining business in the Schaumburg area. Our mission is to provide our customers with the finest quality parts at a competitive price, with dependable, on-time delivery. Our company-wide goal is customer satisfaction, process management, continuous improvement, and employee involvement to ensure success for our customers and the company. We are looking for a responsible individual to maintain CNC Set Up operations on our second shift. The right candidate will effectively work autonomously and have the ability to set up, run, and inspect parts throughout the shift while being able to troubleshoot common manufacturing issues.
- Review print and job travelers to make sure the paperwork is correct.
- Load program to CNC machine
- Load proper work holding into the machine.
- Re-cut work holding when needed
- Load proper tools based on the tool list.
- Teach tools and work offsets.
- Make slight program changes when needed.
- Confirm proper gages.
- Work with the quality team to make proper adjustments to get the first piece’s approval.
- Post the tool list and alter it if needed.
- Post work instructions
- Run the first few parts to ensure set up is running properly before moving to the next job.
- Experience with CNC machinery (Mills and Lathes)
- Ability to interpret customer drawings.
- Interpret GD&T
- G and M code knowledge
- Ability to use measuring tools including but not limited to a micrometer, calipers, thread gages, bore gages, dial, and test indicators.
- Familiar with different types of tooling; endmills, drills, taps, and indexable turning tools.
- Able to load and unload parts up to 50 pounds in and out of machines.
- Work safely in a fast-paced environment.
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- A keen eye for detail and a results-driven approach
- Good communication abilities